Magnificent Melbourne & a Contest!

9:18 AM Shetty Anirudh 14 Comments

Firstly I would thank Indiblogger for this Blogging prompt.
Writing on this topic gave me a complete new perspective towards blogging while I explored and learned.

So Indiblogger asked “How much do you know about Melbourne?...Blog about it”
Also
I have got a opportunity to host a Contest for my readers. Yayy!!!! Ain't that great?!

So let me give you a virtual tour of Melbourne as per my knowledge of the city.

Melbourne, a city in state of Victoria, Australia. Whenever I think of this city I imagine cute penguins and Hot Air balloon rides. But, Yes this city has a lot more in store for tourists and travel enthusiasts. As I looked it up on internet, some more experiences of the city which I came across got me excited. From what I know of this City and what i learned from my research I have compiled a list of places I would like to visit and experiences I would love to take on.

Photo Credits: Indiblogger.in

Penguins at Phillip Island
Visiting Adorable penguins will always be on top of my list when it comes to visitng Melbourne. Philip Island is the answer, because it has the largest Little Penguin colony in the world. They call it the Penguin Parade, when hordes of these gorgeous little creatures emerge from the sea. They march on the beach to their sand dune burrow homes. So if you are a Penguin Lover like me, make this your top priority when you plan a trip to Melbourne.

Photo Credits: Indiblogger.in

The TramCars
The Melbourne tram system with its perfectly maintained antique carriages is known to be efficient and has a vintage aura to it. It is a great way to travel around the city. I love traveling in trains, and the idea of a tram car has always excited me. So this is one of the experience I would really like to take on.

Photo Credits: Indiblogger.in

Melbourne Cricket Ground-MCG
Melbourne Cricket Ground is the 11th biggest stadium in the world and the biggest in the southern hemisphere. It also hosts the games of Australian Football. If one is planning a trip to Melbourne it has to be during the 2015 World Cup as MCG will be hosting 5 matches of World Cup 2015 including the final on March 29. They even host daily tours where one can get inside view of the gigantic place and experience true world class sports.


Eureka Skydeck
Redefine panoramic views at the Eureka Skydeck , where you get a 360 degree view on the whole city from 88th floor observation deck in the Eureka Tower. You can get some great shots from ‘The Edge’, a glass cube that projects out of the building with you suspended in the air above the city. Now it may sound scary but for the adventure junkies it is another best adrenaline rush experience.

Go Hot Air Balooning
Speaking of adventure, thrill, pleasant views and heights. Melbourne does promise one of a unforgettable balloon ride. Breath taking bird view of Melbourne is something which we one would prefer over Eureka tower. Starting early morning, witnessing the sunrise while you float over the city and enjoy the splendid view of the full city.

Photo Credits: Indiblogger.in

Great Ocean Road
One of the best drives you can take in life is offered by Melbourne 243 Km along the Southeast coast of Australia. Great Ocean road is on the National Heritage List of Australia. Natural beauty in abundance with Apollo Bay and one of the natural wonders of the world i.e. the 12 Apostles offer a best scenic drive.

This was just about what I know about Melbourne, one must visit  Tourism Victoria website (http://www.visitmelbourne.com/India.aspx) to truly know more about this magnificent city.
Now getting back to the contest for my readers, the question to my readers goes as follows


"Which of these places would you want to visit in Melbourne and why?". 


You can go through those videos: "Come Alive in Melbourne" and even visit the tourism website :  Tourism Victoria website

I too loved to watch the videos with my Favorite the AIB gang hosting those videos. LOVE AIB!!

The Rules are simple.
1. Read the post above and visit the links mentioned above.
2. Select one of the places from Melbourne which you would like to visit from the list : "Come Alive in Melbourne"
3. Mention reasons justifying your selection
4. Comment with your Name & Email Id which will be required in case you win.
5. Last date to submit your comment is 5th Jan,2014. Comments after that won't be considered.

Winning Entry i.e. the Best Answer will get a shopping voucher worth 500 INR.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely read buddy. I like the way you described the whole magnificence of the city, Great Ocean Road being my personal favorite. I'd like to visit MCG in Melbourne. Being a hard-core cricket enthusiast, how would I miss a match at the world's best arena? Impossible right!

    I thoroughly enjoyed reading the post. I'd love to hear from your about mine as well http://creatikaa.blogspot.in/2014/12/melbourne-awe-inspiring-place-to-visit.html.

    My best wishes for the contest and a Happy New Year 2015 :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well explained. I would like to visit the EUREKA SKYDECK :) standing in one place and viewing the entire city is amazing. When you're on the 88th floor and you get the feeling of being on top of the world is simply awesome :) I would love to view the city from the glass cube called 'the edge' which extends itself from the building to hang over the edge . After reading this blog I so badly want to go to Melbourne and visit the Eureka skydeck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above picture of penguins is too good.…cute toddling penguins … If I get a chance to visit Melbourne I would love to visit the Philip Islands…. It would be an experience of a lifetime…Well penned Anirudh http://kreativestrokes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! After reading your post & watching all the videos, I’d most like to visit the Dandenong Ranges for it’s scenic beauty, breathtaking view and cool breeze blowing through my hair. :P I’d give anything away for driving through the winding roads which are present throughout the ranges. I’d love to stay at one of the bed and breakfast cottages and go on frequent excursions in the forests with my camera which provides excellent views. And not to forget the famous ride in the Puffing Billy, a day reserved especially for that. To add to that, there are also several picnic spots for me and my friends to spend a fun-filled day and the ranges are a perfect spot for hiking and cycling.

    Wish you and your blog a happy new year! :D
    Name - Abhishek Agrawal
    Email - cruxrebels@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to go visit the Penguins at the Philip Island and the hot air balooning also seems a good idea of fun.
    Since i love animals...I would give first preference to Philip Island.
    :D

    Name: Manogna.
    Email: queenbee@beeafteryou.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post and interesting videos that make me feel that
    Melbourne invites the eternal romantic in me to hold hands with my beloved and go see the Twelve Apostles .Go on long drives on the great ocean road. In the middle of nowhere in a vineyard spread a table and enjoy a meal and a glass of wine with my dear one. Enjoy the sunsets holding hands and do lots of shopping at the Queen Victoria Market and see all the graffiti being created at the hosier lane.
    Great Post and interesting videos watching them I am sure to visit Sovereign Hill for spending some time in the era gone by. The lure of gold and panning for some nuggets is a temptation that is too much to resist. After I have found the gold I am bound to celebrate it with some wine so I will visit the vineyards and enjoy some great wine from the Yarra region .Visit the Pannys Phillip Island Chocolate Factory and have my fill with this yummy delight.
    therisingstarz.blogspot.in/2014/12/melbourne-selfie-capital-of-australia.html
    http://goo.gl/ByJqvP
    therisingstarz.blogspot.in
    http://goo.gl/59Omjz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting Post
    After reading your post and watching all the videos
    I feel I have stepped into a kaleidoscope called Melbourne
    Where Vistas of experiences would unfold one after another
    The nature lover in me is enticed by the thought of watching the penguin parade.
    Traveling though the great ocean road, soaking up the freshness as the breeze ruffles my hair gets me in the mood to pack my bags for Melbourne.
    But before I can move ,Puffing Billy whistles and invites me for a ride. The kid in me jumps with joy at the thought of visiting Pannys Phillip Island Chocolate Factory
    Even before I can deside on the list of places that I would like to see in and around Melbourne.
    What’s that noise that I hear ?
    Oh its loud cheer from MCG as the cricket world cup 2015 is about to kick start.
    So many plces to see and so much to do.
    I am thetimetraveler ( http://goo.gl/wdXDzu ) and I have decided … Melbourne here I come ( http://goo.gl/RvUCQf ).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a nature lover, Australian flora and fauna appeals to my inner senses. If I ever have a plan, I would like to explore the flora and fauna,

    quite unique to Australia. Maybe, cuddle a koala bear as well, in one of their national parks.

    - Ranjith (http://www.alightheartedtalk.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!!!!!superb..........
    I like the way you described the whole magnificence of the city. I'd like to visit all places in Melbourne.Atleast these two Eureka Skydeck and Melbourne Cricket Ground(MCG).
    Eureka Sky deck It's an amazing experience to watch the entire city standing at a place. Standing on 88th floor gives the feeling of being on top of the world.Just can't imagine it!!!!!!!!
    Being a diehard fan of cricket,it is a great fun to watch the final match of cricket world cup 2015.
    I wish let India win it again..........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! After reading your post & watching all the videos, I would definitely want to visit all those amazing places when I get to visit Melbourne :) But of all, my top pick would be a visit to Yarra valley for a beautiful sunrise balloon flight. After seeing the video, I can't stop myself from dreaming a romantic magical flight above the scenic vineyards and watching the sunrise from up above! Throw in my favorite wine, I will doubly enjoy the ride sipping my glass and taking sensational selfies all the way :) Now I can't think of a better way of spending a vacation!!

    Next of course, cruising through the great ocean road in a open-top car to enjoy the coastal scenery and the iconic 12 apostles for the nature's amazing work at play. Then a ride around the city in the vintage trams to enjoy its urban splendor and the legendary puffing billy to enjoy its natural splendor. Finally a day at the hot springs to unwind and totally rejuvenate myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!
    We know beauty never need words but without words it cannot be explained and when you get wordless after seeing it... your mouth still get open wide and WOW comes out. Dear! Your explanation about Melbourne is wonderful and picturesque description. I am a person who always attracted to nature first of any place so I would love to see the Melbourne Nature & Wildlife. The 12 Apostles rock formations is world famous rocks which changes its color in sunrise and sun set. And then I will see the Phillip Island Nature Park where I want to see the animals which I hardly see in India. I never saw Penguins, Koala and other animals.
    Driving on a smooth road with natural beauty around you, it always gives you a feeling of heaven on Earth. I would love to drive on Great Ocean Road which is also famous in world to give you a scenic experience and the pleasure of that driving is amazing.

    Name : Bhawna Varshney
    Email: internetjob.bharti@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently had the good fortune of reading your article regarding Melbourne. It was well written and I admired the way you dealt with the topic.

    Scrolling down through this blog , my eyes got stuck to the serene beauty of the Great ocean road. For me this place defines peace. And after gathering more information about it ,I couldn't resist the idea of adding it to my wishlist to visit such a beautiful place. Also from childhood , I m fascinated with sea beaches and coastlines, so its a perfect place for me. I wl cherish to chase the dawn and end my dusk in this place and would love to feel the mellow breeze deep into my soul while driving my car in this beautiful enchanting place. While going around the city , Dance is something which is really very close to my heart so wl never miss a chance to visit the Prince of Wales club where I can shake my leg to their international and local DJs tunes.
    I m grateful for the opportunity to participate.
    Regards
    Name:Anamica Amarendra Adate
    Email: anamicaadate@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey ,Superb post ,so all set to pack bags to have a thrill at Melbourne,Now being high on my wish list .U’ve very well covered the best of Melbourne and for the entry in contest ,there cannot ever be a single place for me.It has to be a bouquet of places to calm down my zest to explore it.So naming ,first comes the Great Ocean road not just to linger or have a decent walk but to amaze myself with Jetskiing ,Scuba diving and to try swim with Dolphins,seal Yay,these beautiful creatures would be lucky to share a swim with me.ha ha.Then it would be Eureka Sky deck, to have an awe inspiring experience to be closest to sky and get the sky deck view of this liveable city, MCG to watch and cheer the players on one of the worlds best cricket ground!

    Wishing u Best of Luck & a great year ahead.

    Visit my blog

    http://jhilmilbhansali.wordpress.com/2014/12/30/a-date-for-life-timea-date-with-nature-wildlife-art-cuisine-ah-melbourne/

    ReplyDelete
  14. And The Winner of this Contest is
    Anamica Adate.
    Drumroll!!
    Congrats Anamica & Thanks to everyone for participating!
    :)

    ReplyDelete