Book Review: Ramyana, the Game of Life. Shattered Dreams(book 2)

9:58 AM Shetty Anirudh 0 Comments

Honored I feel to receive books from blogadda as a part of their book review programme. It is always a proud moment when I see all of those books weeks later in leading book stores.


Book Details:
Ramayana: The Game of Life
Shattered Dreams, Book 2
Author: Shubha Vilas
Genre: Mythology/ Self Help
Pages: 387
ISBN 13: 9788184955316
Description:
Shattered Dreams is the sequel to the national bestseller, Rise of the Sun Prince, in the new spiritual and motivational series Ramayana- the Game of Life. Twelve joyful years have passed in Ayodhya since the wedding of Rama and Sita at the end of Book 1. Now, in Shattered Dreams, Shubha Vilas narrates the riveting drama of Rama’s exile.
Through tales of Rama’s unwavering and enigmatic persona, the book teaches us how to handle reversals positively; through Bharata’s actions, it teaches us to handle temptation; and through Sita’s courage, to explore beyond our comfort zone. This complicated family drama provides deep insights on how human relationships work and how they fail.
With Valimik’s Ramayana as its guiding light, Shattered Dreams deftly entwines poetic beauty from the Kamba Ramayana and the Ramacharitramanas, as well as folk philosophy from the Loka Pramana tales, to demonstrate how the ancient epic holds immediate relevance to modern life.
Experience the ancient saga of the Ramayana like never before!,
My Take
This book was very much different from the genre of books I read. I realise a lot can be derived from Indian Mythology in terms of knowledge about life. Yet, I have not indulged myself into reading mythological books much.
I would like to add, my Mom was happy when the book came home. If often find her smiling when she sees me reading this book.(otherwise she is nit very happy for my obsession about books)
This book is not just a stroll throug the Original Valmiki's Ramayana, but comes out as a Self Help book, a window to the multiple character perspectives & a in detail narration of the original.
What I loved the most is the Footnotes. Footnotes at each page, they never seemed like breaks but adds to the reading experience and gives out the complete and precise description and reasons of each scene and each line.
The in depth character descriptions are mesmerising which adds many more layers to the already created images of the characters in our minds.
Not just limited to narration & footnotes, the enlightening mantras, shoklas and Mission tests enrich the reading experience further.
Strikingly effective,yet simple I was taking purposeful breaks while reading so as to soak in all the lessons taught and did read many parts over and over again, that was the reason for my delay in completion of reading(else I complete one book in a week)
Many a times, I found myself quoting Footnotes from this book to my friends when we came across similar situations as in the scenes.
This is one book which I recommend readers to read with a open mind and when at peace.
I will be soon buying the first book of this series so as to experience the Shubha Vilas writing all over again.


This review is a part of the biggest Book Review Program for Indian Bloggers. Participate now to get free books!

0 comments: