I pledge to #ShareTheLoad, towards Gender Equality

3:33 AM Shetty Anirudh 5 Comments

A blogging prompt by BlogAdda & Ariel asked bloggers to write on this simple question.

Is Laundry only a Woman's job?

This question even though was asked to women bloggers by blogadda, I couldn't stop myself from writing about it.(but then I can't stop writing about anything!..lol)

The startling statistics that were revealed in Ariel’s survey conducted by AC Nielsen and the question itself made me go through a epiphany   

Wrote about it! Shook myself to find exactly what I believed! Edited a Wikipedia page too in rage...yes I did!
It all in here,
http://shettyanirudh.blogspot.com/2015/01/is-laundry-only-womans-job.html

So this was the
#IsLaundryOnlyAWomansJob activity

Enough talking, lets do something about it now!
Lets wash the ugly stats off the charts & make some new ones...

So I am here taking the #WashBucketChallenge and inviting all my friends to do the same.
Every day, we come home and throw clothes into the Laundry bucket and the following day we see them washed clean & folded in our closets.
I did the same. But its about to change now.
We all know how this magic happens, but do we realise how much efforts go into this everyday.
Do we at least appreciate the Family member who brings this magic to our life. The women of our home.
The Homemakers.
Mothers & Wives.


So here it is
Ariel #SharetheLoad #WashBucketChallenge

I, Anirudh Shetty(the Poetic Philosopher) pledge that I will #ShareTheLoad of household chores and not burden just one family member i.e. my dear Mother.


1. Accept

Ariel #SharetheLoad #WashBucketChallenge

So I accepted the #WashBucketChallenge and Ariel sent me something to help me out in this resolution.
Ariel #SharetheLoad #WashBucketChallenge
The Magic Potion!- Ariel Matic
Ariel #SharetheLoad #WashBucketChallenge
Source: blogadda.com
Thank you Ariel, it really was a encouragement Yes a good detergent does help, all I had to do is follow the instructions given by laundry experts Ariel and my Mom and it was all easy.



I am no expert here, but this was what I followed to get through the challenge.
  • Put Colthes into the Washing Machine
  • Add Ariel Matic(1 spoon for one load)
  • Close the lid & let it spin!
  • Let the dirty water out after the spinnjng stops and refil with fresh water
  • Switch the washing machine to rinse mode(thank god for fully automatic washing machines)
  • Its not yet over, take out the clothes and put them out for drying.
  • Now its done!
      Ariel #SharetheLoad #WashBucketChallenge


2. Share

Ariel #SharetheLoad #WashBucketChallenge

I really enjoyed washing my clothes.
Especially my favorite hoodie. So this is my selfie with the first load of my #ShareTheLoad challenge, my favorite hoodie.

Ariel #SharetheLoad #WashBucketChallenge selfie


What I would want to add is something not told by Ariel, after the wash the clothes also smelt very good.

3. Nominate

Ariel #SharetheLoad #WashBucketChallenge

I advice all of my readers & friends to take up this challenge too & I nominate my blogger friends to join this movement.

I nominate

1. Ajay 

2. Gowtham



5. Devashish

Just follow these simple steps as I did.


For more information visit
#WashBucketChallenge

To conclude, the women in our home would not tell us but they would really appreciate it if we would come forward to share their household chores.

My mom was really happy when I told her & completed this challenge and it inspires me more to keep this resolution.

So yes, from now onwards I will not add to the load instead do my own laundry! 


This review is a part of the biggest Sponsored Review Program for Indian Bloggers. Participate now to get free Products!

5 comments:

  1. Mom would be very proud of you Anirudh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Article sir, Keep Going on... I am really impressed by read this. Thanks for sharing with us. Latest Government Jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ani ! This post was kinda cute. The way you pledged to help your Mom in doing the laundry was appealing.

    Make her read this post. Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete