International Day of Happiness- #Iamhappy

11:54 PM Shetty Anirudh 6 Comments

Happy International day of Happiness.

"Happiness" or may I call it Happyness as in the words of Christopher Gardner from the movie "Pursuit of Happyness" played by Will Smith.

Whatever I have learned about Happiness is from the little things that make me happy.

Starting from Movies/Videos, Music, Books, Writing, Time with Friends, Achievements, Travelling & Volunteer work

When I say Videos & Movies, I would like to start with those inspiring Coca-Cola India Video Ads which combine amazing music with awesome messages. All of those tunes have been my ringtones.

Everyone remembers the Catchy "Umeedon wali dhoop, sunshine wali Asha"

Then there was "Haan mein Crazy hu!"

These ads even after my repeated watching them, do have a effect on my mood whenever I watch them. Today when I went through them again, I got goosebumps.

In movies, "Pursuit of Happyness" tops the charts with a simple real life inspired story and life lessons. My favorite dialogue by Will Smith
"It was at that time that I thought about Thomas Jefferson writing that Declaration of Independence. Him saying that we have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And I thought about how he knew to put the 'pursuit' in there, like no one can actually have happiness. We can only pursue it."
So true it is!

Similarly the movie "Zindagi na milengi doobara" and Farhan Akthar's dialogue in it.
"Dilon mein tum apni betaabiyan leke chal rahe ho toh zinda ho tum, nazar mein khwabon ki bijliyan leke chal rahe ho toh zinda ho tum ... hawa ke jhokon ke jaise aazad rehno seekho, tum ek dariya ke jaise lehron mein behna seekho ... har ek lamhe se tum milo khole apni baahen, har ek pal ek naya samha dekhe yeh nigaahen ... joh apni aankhon mein hairaaniyan leke chal rahe ho toh zinda ho tum, dilon mein tum apni betaabiyan leke chal rahe ho toh zinda ho tum" 

One has to understand that Life is a pursuit of happiness, series of ups & downs and one cannot hold Happiness forever.

Music as I have told before, I am very picky. I also have certain time for Music and you won't see me plugged in all day. I would prefer going all the distance for a evening of Live music. Also amazing recordings by my friends which are passed to me. Thank you Akhila for all the recordings, I really lifts my mood listening to your voice.
These were about my dose of Happiness through Movies & Music.

To go a level higher is my Passion for Reading & Writing.
Immersing myself into a fictional world, living the characters & sometimes making some of my own. Playing around with words, placing them in a rhyme to form a prose & expressing my emotions.
All of this together makes me Happy, but this remedy is for the times when the next is not available. Next being "Time with Friends"

Those intervention sessions with Friends go a level higher in getting rid of frustration and making me feel better. Somedays nothing matters other than having good company and just talking all through the day.

Achieving something as planned gives me happiness.
Getting committed to some work, giving my best, getting it done & getting credits for the same is one of the things that make me happy. Those tick marks in the Goals list of my diary always brings a smile to my place.

Travelling is my recently discovered Happiness for me. Leaving behind our routine lives and worries, taking a new road and making new experiences is what refreshes me. Recently discovered and only recently this privilege has become available to me after I started working. Now I have made it a point in my diary to take a vacation in every 2 months atleast.


Happiness lasting for weeks in my life is derived from Volunteer work with Super Souls. Not saying much about it, I would just say "Real Happiness for me is in Sharing & Spreading Smiles"

These are the times in my life when I say "This...This little part of my life is called.....Happiness"


Watch below embedded video & visit this link (http://CokeURL.com/96jnc
and feel free to add what makes you happy in the comments below.


6 comments:

  1. Nice post loved readin it. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family makes you happier +anirudh shetty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felt happy after reading..so keep writing and make yourself and others happy.!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felt happy after reading..so keep writing and make yourself and others happy.!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blogs makes me superrrr happpyyy Thankyouuu aniiiiii for making my day :)

    ReplyDelete